As we start 2015, thought we share a few highlights from last year that were definitely an improvement from the prior year!
Please remember we are a 100% volunteer local organization that would be happy to hear your thoughts and suggestions as well as any time you may have to volunteer!!
- Redondo Beach – Perhaps the largest Bicycle infrastructure project ever in the South Bay as the Harbor and Herondo Gateway Project will not only create new bike lanes, but significantly improve the safety of pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists alike.
- Manhattan Beach places Sharrows along Manhattan Avenue as well as East Bound along Rosecrans
- El Segundo approves Sharrows for West Bound Rosecrans
- Free Bike Education Classes by the SBBC and the BCCC had over 200 adult and child graduates
- Free Bike Parking as over 10,000 bikes parked for free at multiple Beach City events
- Free Bike Safety Pamphlets provided to schools, police, bike shops, etc.
- Recognition of eight bike friendly businesses in the South Bay
- Multiple Multiple bike commute/alternative commuting fairs exhibited this year at local employers such as Northrup Grumman and Aerospace Corp